7. 7th country in the world for home ownership rate
8. 3rd country in the world for percentage of hinduism in population
We are just behind India who is amazingly at the second position of this ranking - the first country being Nepal.
9. Mauritius is one of the biggest foreign investor in… India
Yes, one of the smallest countries in the world is one of the biggest foreign investors in one of the biggest. The simple explanation is that Mauritius got a special taxation agreement (DTAA) with India and other countries just go through us to invest there.
10. We have the 2nd internet penetration rate in Africa
Indeed with 62% of its population connected to the internet, Mauritius is ranked second in Africa for Internet penetration just behind Kenya (66%). Full list here.
11. 2nd highest Facebook penetration rate in Africa
Probably the main reason why people in Mauritius want to be connected to the internet: Facebook! But we're proud to say that Mo Ti News has now become even more popular than Facebook with some of you :)
12. 0% anal penetration rate
In Mauritius, going through the back door with your partner is illegal and may get you in serious trouble.
Bonus: A nice factsheet of our little island by Nidaa Mungloo
The temperatures are in Fahrenheit since she initially made it for an American audience.Source: Kongolo